While Apple enthusiasts had anticipated the release of Apple’s fifth generation iPhone at this year’s Worldwide Development Conference, many are now suggesting a more likely release of late 2011 or early 2012. With an even longer wait for iPhone fanatics, rumors about the new iPhone have been springing up across the web. Here are 5 of the most popular rumors that have Apple enthusiasts buzzing:
- Casing Design: Most sources suggest that the iPhone’s glass casing will be replaced with an eco-friendly aluminum casing that will help to reduce scratching. Some are also suggesting that the new iPhone 5 will finally be offered in its original color of white.
- Larger screen display: It is anticipated that the new iPhone will have a 4-inch, scratch-resistant touchscreen.
- Improved camera: While rumors of an increased megapixel camera are conflicting, some believe that the new iPhone 5 will have an 8 megapixel camera, a big improvement from the iPhone 4’s 5 megapixels.
- Home Button Placement: Many are questioning whether the Home button will disappear with the new iPhone 5. Some suggest that the Home button will be moved to the phone’s edge in an effort to increase the size of the screen display.
- Faster processer: Similarly to the iPad2, the iPhone 5 is expected to include an A5 dual core processor and some are even suggesting that it will include 512 MB RAM.